Paul (aka wwwpalfitness) nominated me for the Lovely Blog Award, and I’ve been feeling lovely ever since. Paul is generally pretty awesome, writes some cool poems, and he retweets my rather questionable poems on twitter sometimes. Thanks Paul! 🙂 You guys should follow him now. Really. Right now. Then you won’t have to read this drivel.
One Lovely Blog Award
The rules are as follows:
Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
List the rules.
Display the award on your post of the award.
List seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
Stuff about me.
1. I work in insurance. Ack. But not forever. I’ll probably do something to get myself fired sooner or later. Then I can spend my newfound free time writing sad country western songs.
2. I’m a black belt in Kenpo and teach karate a few times a week at my karate school. I’ve been throwing kicks for about 30 years, on and off. Yes, I’m an old fart. Sorta. I’m 46. And I wear those sock-garter thingees too. They’re itchy.
3. I’m very conscious of my use of the word “I” in my writing. Already, in writing this, I’m quite certain that I’ve used the word “I” or some variation of its self-centered flatulence at least a few thousand times. I’ll count them later, wearing a clothespin on my nose. Then I’ll flog myself ten times for for each abuse, replace each one with the word “fuckhead”, and then listen to the My Little Pony theme song until I’m fully repentant. Two minutes should do.
4. I have two black dogs and a (soon to be) 11 year old son. The boy doesn’t yet heel properly, but he’s coming along. The shock collar helps, tho he often complains that none of his friends have to wear one.
5. I wish this was number seven already. I hate talking about myself. That’s what poetry is for.
6. I do not eat any weird gourmet stuff. I will not, and you can’t make me. Not even if you wear something revealing and crack a black whip on my ass.
7. My name is Eric. That might be posted around here somewhere. I go by brazenescape because it’s the screen name I used when I started writing again a couple of years ago.
The rules of this ‘suggest’ that I nominate FIFTEEN other people for this. Yowsa. Not happening. I don’t even know fifteen people yet. I’ll do just three at this early, dribble-chin stage of this blog’s infancy..